Friday, November 15, 2019

Brayden and Brycen are Growing UP...Shay is still little!

I found this blog that I started in 2014 and then got busy and forgot. I think my idea at the time was to just write about this and that...mostly that.


Brayden, the first of my son’s children, was six. Brycen was four and the little sister was two. They were late gifts to my grandmother’s life. I liked that a lot.


In the fall of the year Brayden and his brother and sister started school. Brayden is very big now and in fifth grade. He likes his school a lot. Even though I never ask, I am sure that recess and PE are his favorite time of the day. What little boy doesn’t like to play.
Grandchildren several years ago!
The playground built a new toy last year. It was a hole in the ground shaped like a funnel and the game involved spinning a ball around in the hole. I have not seen the toy so I don’t know if that is what it is but you get the idea. Sometimes it is just more fun to visualize based on a children description than it is to actually see.

The game was very popular so of course there needed to be rules but no one realized that until it was almost too late. Like everyone else, I don’t particularly like too many rules so it didn’t surprise me when the grandchildren felt the same way. 

As for me, I like it when other people obey the rules. It’s just that I don’t want to unless I am convinced they are a really good idea. I am more like my grandchildren than I would like to admit.

There was a wedding a few weeks ago and Brayden, Brycen and Shay were in the wedding. They had so much fun being important and getting dressed up. Brayden found a lost umbrella so he was a hero. Brycen and Shay kept track of their tiny niece, Embrey Jade, so they were hero’s too.

Grandpa and I were at the reception and their big sister was the bride. They all made us very proud.

Well, enough of this and that.

How are your grandchildren doing?

b+


No comments:

Post a Comment